Because your Pay Matters
Worth It is UNISON’s UK-wide, cross service group campaign on pay. It aims to raise the profile of pay within the membership, with influencers and the wider public, and to find a new way of talking to people about the impact of the continued pay injustice - making pay about people. To do this, we need members to share their experiences and to show the real reasons why pay matters.
Your pay is frozen while prices are going up all the time, meaning a real-terms pay cut
• You have less money to spend and may be struggling to make ends meet
• Your public services are being closed or cut, it’s not as easy to use them, waiting times increase and the quality of the service falls
• Your local shops and businesses are feeling the pinch and may close, which has a huge knock-on effect for local communities
We want to be able to illustrate the real-life experiences of public service workers in Scotland. To do this, we need to know your story.
Please email us with a few lines on how the issue of pay and increased cost of living affects you - click here to send your story to email@example.com
What others have said:
- You pay your debts and you pay your rent. Mobile phone unfortunately is a necessity. I end up counting on my tax credit for the shopping.
- I'm a dedicated public sector worker, but I've been subject to a pay freeze and even a 1% pay rise this year hasn’t nearly matched the increased cost of living.
- I don’t have enough money to go to a restaurant or to treat myself or my kids sometimes.
- To add insult to injury, I've just found out that my electricity and gas bills will go up by 9.2%.
- This year we won’t have a holiday.
Three simple ways to join UNISON today and get essential cover wherever you work
- Call us on 0800 171 2193
- Join online at joinunison.org
- Ask your UNISON rep for an application form